Why dental implants are an excellent option for missing teeth
If you are seeking a missing teeth replacement option, you have many choices to choose from. One of the best options to replace missing teeth are tooth implants, otherwise known as dental implants. These implants are a great way of replacing one or more teeth in the smile, depending on how they are used. An implant can replace a single tooth, restored with a custom dental crown over the top abutment, or multiple implants can be used to replace several teeth at one time with a custom made dental bridge. Dr. Trevor Greene and his team at Piney Orchard Dental of Odenton, Maryland, can educate you on dental implants and other missing teeth replacement options.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is best described as a titanium tooth root replacement. It is almost like a man made tooth that fuses to your bone. Dr. Greene works with a team of trusted periodontists and oral surgeons to place the implant into the jawbone. The implant acts as the foundation for restorations such as dental crowns or dental bridges. The one chosen will depend on your unique needs.
Why should I consider dental implants for missing teeth?
There are many reasons why some of our patients choose dental implants to replace missing teeth:
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Dental implants are secure and stable, meaning they will not slip or move around in your mouth.
- Dental implants do not require unique or special care; you can brush and floss them just like your natural teeth.
- Dental implants can help preserve the bone in your jaw, which can prevent further tooth loss and help you to keep a youthful appearance.
- Dental implants are a long-term solution for missing teeth; they can last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance!
Find out more about dental implants with Odenton, Maryland area dentist!
If you are considering dental implants and other options for tooth replacement, be sure to talk to Dr. Trevor Greene and his team at Piney Orchard Dental to see if they are the right solution for you! The office is located at 8743 Piney Orchard Parkway, Suite #111, and is open to new and returning patients who call (443) 601-8884.